Wednesday, June 2, 2010

FTP & Web Publishing

Well I just realized that I forgot to do a couple weeks work, so I guess my last comment was a little redundant there. At any rate, as far as FTP and web publishing are concerned I now know a program that makes websites so much easier than it would otherwise be. And the FTP program finally let me learn how to upload content onto a website entirely made by myself. One of the advantages of FTP is that it can be used to transfer files between systems even if the software being run is different between them. Unfortunately FTP also does not make use of encryption, meaning that any data that is sent through this protocol can be seen by anyone that can access it, such as passwords etc, though this problem has been solved somewhat by the addition of encryption to more recent versions of the FTP protocol.

No comments:

Post a Comment